An ultra-light, non-comedogenic moisturizer formulated to restore clarity to acne-prone skin while absorbing quickly and effectively, leaving no residue.
HydraSmooth Moisturizer is an ultra-light, non-comedogenic hydrator specifically formulated to restore clarity to acne-prone skin. It uses a combination of antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and healing ingredients. The multifunctional hinokitiol is an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory with excellent action against P. acnes bacteria. Resveratrol and oligopeptide-10 are natural ingredients also effective in fighting P. acnes. Canadian Willowherb™, meadowsweet and aloe relieve redness and inflammation, while low levels of encapsulated salicylic acid deeply penetrate the pores to remove dead skin cells and prevent pimples before they start to form. An innovative encapsulated salicylic acid technology provides controlled delivery into the skin, which decreases its side effects and extends its effectiveness over time. Allantoin and vitamin E (tocopherol) maintain skin’s moisture balance and the hydrolipid barrier.
- Helps clear acne-prone skin and allow it to heal
- Soothes skin and relieves redness and inflammation
- Natural antimicrobial properties against the acne bacteria P.acnes
- Encapsulated salicylic acid provides controlled release into the skin, which decreases its side effects and extends its effectiveness
- Ultra-light formula that absorbs quickly leaving skin soft and hydrated
- Antioxidants protect and neutralize free radicals from the sun, pollution and inflammation
- Non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free, dye-free
- Hinokitiol (Beta-Thujaplicin): Extracted from the oils of the western red cedar tree, hinokitiol is a superpower ingredient that has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-melanogenic properties. These properties allow hinokitiol to target redness and blemishes seen in rosacea and acne. Hinokitiol is also effective against P. acnes bacteria, and there is no known acquired resistance to it, unlike other prescription antibiotics.
- Salicylic Acid: Related to aspirin and known as a beta hydroxy acid, salicylic acid is an exfoliant with anti-inflammatory properties. It is oil-soluble, allowing it to penetrate into pores to effectively exfoliate dead skin cells, reduce excess sebum and control acne pimples.
- Encapsulated Salicylic Acid: An innovative microencapsulated technology that provides controlled delivery of salicylic acid into the skin, which decreases its side effects and extends its effectiveness over time.
- Oligopeptide-10: This antimicrobial peptide complex works synergistically with salicylic acid to decrease the signs of acne.
- Resveratrol: Derived either from grape seeds or the Japanese knotweed plant, this antioxidant neutralizes free radical damage, protecting the skin from sun damage, reducing cell damage and improving collagen synthesis. Resveratrol also has anti-inflammatory properties and inhibits P. acnes bacteria.
- Tripeptide-1: A tripeptide that stimulates extracellular matrix proteins like collagen, elastin, fibronectin and laminin to firm the skin and aid in wound healing. When combined with Canadian Willowherb™, this peptide has been shown to improve acne by decreasing sebum.
- Canadian Willowherb™: A plant extract from a northern Canadian prairies plant known to survive harsh climates, Canadian Willowherb is a multi-functional ingredient with anti-irritant and soothing properties. This extract is also an antioxidant and inhibits the growth of acne bacteria (P. acnes).
- Sea Whip: The active ingredient gorgonian extract is derived from a marine organism known as sea whip, which is a renewable resource in the Caribbean Sea. Gorgonian extract has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it an excellent ingredient for acne, rosacea and redness.
- Allantoin: Extracted from the Comfrey plant, allantoin increases water content in the skin and enhances exfoliation improving skin smoothness.
- Aloe: Extracted from the aloe vera plant, aloe contains amino acids, vitamins and minerals, and has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Tocopherol Acetate: An effective form of vitamin E for the skin, this highly moisturizing and fat-soluble vitamin protects cell membranes and acts as an antioxidant, which strengthens the effect of vitamin C.
- Meadowsweet Extract: Rich in phenolic acids, meadowsweet extract stimulates the synthesis of natural antibiotics in the skin, reducing bacterial growth. It also decreases sebum production and inflammation.
- Boswellia Serrata Extract: The active agents are boswellic acids, which are fragrant plant extracts with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Honey: A moisturizing and soothing natural antibacterial agent full of antioxidants.
- Rice Bran Extract: Known for its skin soothing, moisturizing and antioxidant properties.
Canadian Willowherb™ is used under license from Lucas Meyer Cosmetics Canada Inc.
After cleansing and applying treatment products, smooth 1-2 pumps over face. Use at night, or morning and night.
Caution: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes, eyelids and mucous membranes. Keep out of reach of children.
Dry skin does not produce enough oil, often feels tight and may be flaky and itchy.
Normal skin has balanced hydration and balanced oil production.