Acne Balancing Serum
A highly effective, lightweight serum that penetrates pores to reduce acne, allow skin to heal and prevent new pimples.
Acne Balancing Serum is an advanced, lightweight acne serum that penetrates pores to reduce acne, allow skin to heal and prevent new pimples. This formula contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant and hydrating ingredients to target pimples and redness. An innovative encapsulated salicylic acid (2%) exfoliates and cleans pores, while a superpower trio of hinokitiol, oligopeptide-10 and resveratrol decreases P. acnes bacteria and inflammation. Resveratrol, hinokitiol and tea extracts also provide antioxidant protection against free radical damage from the sun, pollution and inflammation. Honey, aloe and rice bran extract have soothing and moisturizing properties. Niacinamide and sodium hyaluronate work together to maintain skin’s natural hydrolipid barrier.
- Helps treat acne, allow skin to heal and prevent new pimples from forming
- Encapsulated salicylic acid provides controlled delivery into the skin, which extends effectiveness and decreases side effects
- Contains hinokitiol and sea whip known for their anti-inflammatory properties
- Contains natural hinokitiol and resveratrol, ingredients known to reduce acne-causing bacteria
- Antioxidants protect and neutralize free radicals from the sun, pollution and inflammation
- Fragrance-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free, dye-free
- Hinokitiol (Beta-Thujaplicin): Extracted from the oils of the western red cedar tree, hinokitiol is a superpower ingredient that has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-melanogenic properties. These properties allow hinokitiol to target redness and blemishes seen in rosacea and acne. Hinokitiol is also effective against P. acnes bacteria, and there is no known acquired resistance to it, unlike other prescription antibiotics.
- Salicylic Acid: Related to aspirin and known as a beta hydroxy acid, salicylic acid is an exfoliant with anti-inflammatory properties. It is oil-soluble, allowing it to penetrate into pores to effectively exfoliate dead skin cells, reduce excess sebum and control acne pimples.
- Encapsulated Salicylic Acid: An innovative microencapsulated technology that provides controlled delivery of salicylic acid into the skin, which decreases its side effects and extends its effectiveness over time.
- Sea Whip: The active ingredient gorgonian extract is derived from a marine organism known as sea whip, which is a renewable resource in the Caribbean Sea. Gorgonian extract has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it an excellent ingredient for acne, rosacea and redness.
- Oligopeptide-10: This antimicrobial peptide complex works synergistically with salicylic acid to decrease the signs of acne.
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3): Niacinamide increases ceramide and free fatty acids in the skin, which are key components of its protective lipid barrier. Along with keeping in moisture and boosting hydration, it has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it helpful for treating acne and rosacea. Niacinamide also prevents melanin transfer from melanocytes to skin cells to improve hyperpigmentation.
- Resveratrol: Derived either from grape seeds or the Japanese knotweed plant, this antioxidant neutralizes free radical damage, protecting the skin from sun damage, reducing cell damage and improving collagen synthesis. Resveratrol also has anti-inflammatory properties and inhibits P. acnes bacteria.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: A form of hyaluronic acid that hydrates by drawing water into the outer layers from deep within the skin. It holds up to 1,000 times its weight in water, making skin plumper, softer and smoother.
- Boswellia Serrata Extract: The active agents are boswellic acids, which are fragrant plant extracts with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Honey: A moisturizing and soothing natural antibacterial agent full of antioxidants.
- Rice Bran Extract: Known for its skin soothing, moisturizing and antioxidant properties.
Smooth 1-2 pumps over face twice daily after cleansing. Follow with AlumierMD moisturizer at night and sunscreen during the day.
Caution: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes, eyelids and mucous membranes. Keep out of reach of children.
Normal skin has balanced hydration and balanced oil production.
Combination Oily Skin
Combination skin is oily in the T-zone and normal or dry on the cheeks. Oily skin has overactive oil glands, appears shiny and is more prone to acne.