Retinol Resurfacing Serum 0.25
A microencapsulated 0.25% retinol treatment that improves skin tone and texture and corrects the signs of aging. Recommended for all skin types.
Retinol Resurfacing Serum 0.25 is a pure microencapsulated retinol serum that helps you achieve a more radiant and even complexion. It reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improves texture and tone by stimulating collagen production and speeding cell turnover. This formula also targets acne-prone skin, minimizes pore size appearance and evens skin tone. Unlike many other retinols, our retinol is microencapsulated using cutting-edge technology to allow for a gradual timed release into the skin overnight. By encapsulating the retinol and adding soothing and hydrating ingredients like niacinamide (vitamin B3), tea extracts, honey and sodium hyaluronate, maximal results can be achieved with minimal irritation.
- Dramatically reduces fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and blemishes
- Increases skin firmness, strength and elasticity
- Stimulates collagen and elastin and restores hyaluronic acid
- Contains an encapsulated gentle slow release retinol to minimize the irritation commonly associated with retinols
- Contains MATRIXYL™ Synthe'6™®, hyaluronic acid and niacinamide (vitamin B3)
- Antioxidants protect and neutralize free radicals from the sun and pollution
- Fragrance-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free, dye-free
MATRIXYL™ Synthe'6™ is used under authorization of Sederma Inc.
- Microencapsulated Retinol: A vitamin A derivative and antioxidant that stimulates collagen, increases cell turnover and normalizes keratinization, creating smoother and more even-toned skin. Retinol also inhibits melanin transfer from melanocytes to skin cells and enhances the penetration of other pigment-blocking products. Retinol reduces fine lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. In addition, retinol targets acne-prone skin by unclogging pores. The retinol we use has been encapsulated, allowing for a slow release into the skin. This encapsulation minimizes side effects, so you can enjoy all the benefits of retinol with little to no irritation!
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3): Niacinamide increases ceramide and free fatty acids in the skin, which are key components of its protective lipid barrier. Along with keeping in moisture and boosting hydration, it has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it helpful for treating acne and rosacea and improving tolerance to topical retinoids. Niacinamide also prevents melanin transfer from melanocytes to skin cells to improve hyperpigmentation.
- MATRIXYL™ Synthe'6™®: Derived from a peptide naturally found in collagen and laminins, MATRIXYL™ Synthe'6™ is a tripeptide that stimulates the synthesis of six major constituents of the skin, including collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid, fibronectin and laminin. It strengthens the skin and decreases fine lines and wrinkles.
- Tetrapeptide-14, Tea Extracts, Boswellia Serrate Extract, Honey: This formula decreases inflammation, redness and puffiness. A mixture of a redness-reducing peptide is combined with the antioxidant properties of tea and the soothing qualities of honey and boswellia serrate.
- Gluconolactone: A type of polyhydroxy acid that exfoliates more gently than an alpha hydroxy acid (e.g. glycolic and lactic acids). Gluconolactone is also a hydrating antioxidant ingredient with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: A form of hyaluronic acid that hydrates by drawing water into the outer layers from deep within the skin. It is said to hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water, making skin plumper, softer and smoother.
- Aloe: Extracted from the aloe vera plant, aloe contains amino acids, vitamins and minerals; it has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Glutathione: An antioxidant peptide produced naturally in our bodies, glutathione helps recycle other antioxidants, including vitamin C, vitamin E and alpha lipoic acid. Glutathione levels decrease with age.
Apply 1-2 pumps to face and neck after nightly cleansing. Follow with your favorite AlumierMD moisturizer. If you are not currently using a retinol product, begin using once or twice a week and gradually increase frequency to nightly as your skin adjusts.
Caution: Do not use if you are pregnant, lactating or planning to become pregnant. Mild redness, peeling and irritation are expected when using this product. Use AlumierMD sunscreen during the day and limit sun exposure while using the product and for a week following discontinuation. For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes, eyelids and mucous membranes. Keep out of reach of children.
Dry skin does not produce enough oil, often feels tight and may be flaky and itchy.
Normal skin has balanced hydration and balanced oil production.
Combination Oily Skin
Combination skin is oily in the T-zone and normal or dry on the cheeks. Oily skin has overactive oil glands, appears shiny and is more prone to acne.