A lightweight hydrating serum that provides relief for sensitive and redness-prone skin.
Calm-R is a hydrating serum that targets the redness and blemishes seen in rosacea and redness-prone skin, while maintaining skin’s delicate moisture balance. Hinokitiol has natural anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Sea whip and glucosides are powerful anti-inflammatory ingredients, and marine glycosaminoglycans relieve redness by promoting a healthy collagen balance. Aloe and honey soothe, niacinamide (vitamin B3) moisturizes and tea extracts provide additional antioxidant protection.
- Calms redness and irritation
- Contains hinokitiol, sea whip, marine gycosaminoglycans and other ingredients known for their powerful anti-redness and anti-inflammatory properties
- Lightweight formula
- Helps replenish skin’s natural protective barrier
- Fragrance-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free, mineral oil-free, dye-free
- Hinokitiol (Beta-Thujaplicin): Extracted from the oils of the western red cedar tree, hinokitiol is a superpower ingredient with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-melanogenic properties. These properties allow hinokitiol to target redness and blemishes seen in rosacea and acne. Hinokitiol is also effective against P. acnes bacteria, and there is no known acquired resistance to it, unlike other prescription antibiotics.
- Sea Whip: The active ingredient gorgonian extract is derived from a marine organism known as sea whip, which is a renewable resource in the Caribbean Sea. Gorgonian has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it an excellent ingredient for acne, rosacea and redness.
- Marine Glycosaminoglycans: Marine glycosaminoglycans inhibit MMP (matrix metalloprotein) enzymes and have been shown to reduce redness in rosacea. In healthy skin there is a balance between MMPs and natural inhibitors. UV rays, pollution and biological aging increase MMP activity, which leads to degradation of collagen and the skin’s extracellular matrix structure (ECM). Breakdown of ECM is also associated with a loss of capillary vessel tone, which contributes to inflammatory conditions like rosacea.
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3): Niacinamide increases ceramide and free fatty acids in the skin, which are key components of its protective lipid barrier. Along with keeping in moisture and boosting hydration, it has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it helpful for treating acne and rosacea. Niacinamide also prevents melanin transfer from melanocytes to skin cells to improve hyperpigmentation.
- Glucosides: Plant extract antioxidants with soothing properties that control inflammatory mediators and reduce neovascularization, decreasing redness and irritation.
- Tetrapeptide-14, Tea Extracts, Boswellia Serrate Extract, Honey: This formula decreases inflammation, redness and puffiness. A mixture of a redness-reducing peptide is combined with the antioxidant properties of tea and the soothing qualities of honey and boswellia serrate.
- Aloe: Extracted from the aloe vera plant, aloe contains amino acids, vitamins and minerals; it has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
Smooth 1-2 pumps over face after cleansing. Follow with AlumierMD moisturizer and sunscreen. Use twice daily in morning and evening.
Caution: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes, eyelids and mucous membranes. Keep out of reach of children.
Sensitive skin is more prone to react to skin care ingredients and is often red and uncomfortable.